Fat deposits around your waistline are difficult to lose. They are stubborn fat, which may impact your lifestyle, dress sizes, and health. Heavy waist size is also associated with diabetes and heart diseases. Reducing fat in the waist area can be challenging and competitive, however, is good for a healthy lifestyle. The body generally tends to naturally store fat in that area however there are exercises which can provide a ready solution for you. These exercises help strengthen your body, lose excess fat, and tighten your muscles around the stomach. They help define your waist through the stronger core and toned abs in days.
Having a slimmer and fatless waist is every woman’s dream. Exercise is the only option to slim down your waist size in no time. Although there are many exercises to reduce waist fat, only a few of them works effectively. To make your search easier, we have listed 9 simple and best exercises to reduce waist size. Continue reading!
Effective Exercises To Lose Waist Fat:
Try out the following 9 simple and best exercises to reduce waist fat fast at home. Let’s have a look at them.
1. Bicycle Crunches:
Bicycle crunches activate the lower body muscles and thereby burn the waist fat.
How To Do:
- Lie down with your back and legs extended on the floor. Hold your head with both hands.
- Slowly pull your shoulders back and raise your right leg to an angle of 45-degree from the ground while turning your upper body to the left.
- Perform the crunch by touching the other knee with the opposite elbow.
- Get back to the initial position to complete a rep.
- Aim for the desired number of sets until you feel the burn.
2. Side Plank Hip Lifts:
A side plank is a strengthening workout for oblique muscles and the core.
How To Do:
- Lie on your right side with your elbow on the ground and your legs and hips resting on the ground.
- Keep your core straight and raise your lower body off the floor into a plank position.
- Pause for 20 seconds and bring your hip down just above the floor.
- Repeat the same process on your left side.
- Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions each.
Woodchoppers are one of the effective exercises for waist fat reduction.
How To Do:
- Stand t on the floor with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold the dumbbell with both hands.
- Squat as you move your torso to the left and bring the weight in your hands across your body close to the left thigh.
- Pause the movement for a while and lift the weight across the body to reach the right shoulder.
- Repeat the same movement by switching sides.
- Perform 10 sets of 12 repetitions each on both sides.
4. Russian Twists:
Russian twists are the best exercises to lose waist size naturally at home.
How To Do:
- Start in a seated position with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Lean your body back such that it makes a 45-degree angle to the floor.
- Join your hands together and lift your feet off the ground to balance on your butt.
- Twist your torso to the right and bring your hands to the right side of your body.
- Again twist back to the left with your hands to the left side and continue the process for 1 minute.
5. Triangle with Dumbbell:
This exercise particularly targets the oblique muscles and reduces the waist size.
How To Do:
- Stand on your feet hip-width apart with hands by the side.
- Take a dumbbell in your left hand and extend it overhead.
- Start bending to your right side and reach the floor with your right hand.
- Get back to a standing position and repeat the same action by switching sides.
- Do 10 reps on each side.
Squats are another popular form of workout form to reduce the waist, hips, and thighs. They are well known to build strength and increase the core stamina in our body. They help tone down the muscles and increase posture too. Squats, although considered one of the difficult exercises, help build muscle and aid in weight loss heavily.
How To Do:
- Stand on your feet and place your feet slightly at a distance as much as your hips.
- Make sure your toes are pointed outward.
- Put your arms parallel to the ground or catch them together.
- Keep your spine straight.
- Now breathe in slowly and push your buttocks backside.
- Keep back straight and chest, and shoulders up.
- Focus on your knees as you continue to squat down and keep your knees in a line with your feet.
- Squat until your hip is lower than your knees.
- You can even choose to go deeper than this if you can.
7. Curtsy Curl:
Curtsy curl is a lesser-known exercise but a very effective workout to shape and tone down waist and hip areas. It is known to build on the muscles, strengthen the core and improve stability in the body.
How To Do:
- Grab a dumbbell in one hand.
- If you are starting with the left hand, shift the weight to the left leg and cross the right leg behind the left.
- Lower into a lunge position by bending both knees.
- Put your body weight mostly on the left leg.
- Slightly hinge forward from hips and reach dumbbell outside of the left leg.
- Rise out of the lunge.
- Extend the right leg to the side and straighten the left leg.
- Rotate the torso to the right as the left elbow bends to curl weight from the chest.
- Return to start position and repeat.
- Turn to the side and do three sets on each side.
Rowing is a common yet very effective exercise routine to inculcate in order to tone down and shape the waistline. It helps in improving stamina and building posture by shaping the core. It strengthens the muscles and is well known to help with flexibility.
How To Do:
- Grab a pair of dumbbells.
- Stand and keep your right foot forward.
- Lower into a lunge position and hinge forward from the hips.
- Make sure you keep your back straight.
- Reach dumbbells to feet and palms should face thighs.
- While you bend the left elbow behind, open the elbow to the side and pull weight in front of the shoulder.
- As the left elbow gets back to the floor, bend the right elbow behind the body and switch both sides.
- Keep your abs tight.
- Allow the torso to rotate slightly during rowing.
- Do three sets with 12 reps.
9. Side Bend with Dumbbells:
Side bending is another common form of exercise to tone belly and waistline fat. They help in the lower part of the body fat by toning them down. The dumbbell can be added to increase the intensity of the exercise to reduce and hit fat effectively. They work well by improving stamina and toning the muscles. The tissues are directly affected in this exercise which can eliminate side fat instantly.
How To Do:
- Place dumbbell in both hands.
- Stand straight and still on the floor.
- Place your feet wide apart as much as possible.
- Bend from the waist area on the leftward side as low as possible.
- Place your arms on the overhead arch position.
- The other arm should be down.
- Straighten up to normal.
- Repeat the same alternatively.
- Continue the same with 20 reps on both sides.
Tips for Lifestyle Changes – Do’s and Don’ts:
Never underestimate the lifestyle changes to aid in your efforts for weight loss. They help boost and accelerate weight loss along with your exercise routine. Here are some of the tricks, which can help you cut down on waist fat. effectively.
- Avoid refined carbs and sugar. Nothing like the harm they do to our bodies. It helps to get rid of fat more quickly.
- Reduce sodium intake. They tend to bulge your waistline. Salt also causes you to retain water in your body.
- Swap coffee with green tea. They help in metabolism and functions.
- Take regular walks in short breaks. Nothing like their function to speed up digestion.
- Cut down on alcohol as they help to cut down calories and sugar levels.
- Set realistic expectations and don’t move away from your goals. Measure your weight regularly and follow a diet and exercise regularly.
- Wake up on time and work out for at least sixty minutes a day. there is nothing like an effective morning workout one can have.
- Drink a lot of water. Have six to seven huge glasses of water every day.
- Have lots of fruits and vegetables than junk food and baked foods. They are healthy and help with your balanced diet.
These are the easy and best exercises to reduce waist fat fast at home and be easily performed by anyone. So if you are unhappy with your waist size, try these workouts regularly and achieve a perfect slim waist. I hope we provided useful information. Kindly share your feedback with us!
1. What to eat to shrink the Waistline?
Have the right calories. Avoid sugars and carbs. Have good protein-based foods and fibre-based intake. Do not have aerated drinks and alcohol. If you follow a balanced diet, the results are yours in no time.
2. What to drink to burn down fat in the Waist?
Avoid a lot of dairy products and have green tea and black coffee. Have lemon water with honey in the morning to boost your metabolism. Have detox water with chia seeds, cinnamon, and flax seeds. You can also have apple cider vinegar to boost your metabolism.
3. Can you completely shrink your Waist?
It is possible to shrink the waistline with a balanced diet and effective workout routine. There is no magic secret behind the same, all you need is patience and time to work on your goal and achieve it. No special food or exercise will work out, but rather you need to devote time to regular workouts and a good healthier version of the diet.