Flabby arms are as bad as a heavy tummy. They make you look older. Our favourite sleeveless clothes cannot be appreciated with underarm fat. The whole physique can be ruined with just those flabby arms, but don’t worry; we have a ready solution for you. This article will help you with tricks and exercises one can incorporate to get rid of all those fat arms and excess fat in the arm area.
Flabby arms are mostly caused due to skin elasticity as age increases and the second cause that is most common is caused due to fat accumulation in those areas. So if you are in search of toned arms, then the best way is to work on exercises, which can tone down the fat and build lean muscle. So let us get to know the best exercises which can burn the fat in arms in days.
Flabby arms seem to be the most annoying area when you wear a sleeveless outfit. To achieve the super-toned arm, you don’t need to go to the gym. Here we bought you 10 simple and best exercises to reduce arm fat at home. These weighted workouts not only melt down the excess fat but also give you toned arms. Scroll down to explore!
Best Arm Fat Loss Exercises At Home:
Practice the following 10 easy and best exercises to reduce arm fat in a week! Let’s have a look at them.
Push-ups are a great body workout to target various muscles at a time. Apart from fat reduction, push-ups help you to get stronger toned arms.
How To Do:
- Get on the floor with all fours and hands wider than your shoulders.
- Extend your legs back and maintain your body in a straight line. This is the initial state.
- Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body till the elbows form a 90-degree angle.
- Exhale and push back your body to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement 10 times.
2. Arm Rotations:
Arm circle is a simple exercise to reduce arm fat. This workout also targets your triceps, back, and shoulders and helps in toning them.
How To Do:
- Stand on your feet hip-distance apart and hold the dumbbells in each hand.
- Extend the arms to your sides at shoulder level so that your hands are parallel to the ground.
- Slowly make small rotations in a clockwise direction for one minute.
- Now repeat the same process in an anti-clockwise direction also.
- Repeat one or two times with a break in between.
3. Tricep Dips:
This is the most targeted exercise to get rid of arm fat fast.
How To Do:
- Initially, arrange a chair or bench in a stable position.
- Sit on the edge of the chair with your arms at the edge of the seat.
- Ensure that your core is straight and extend your legs.
- Now bend your elbows and gently lower your body off the chair towards the ground.
- Raise your body back to the sitting position and repeat the movement several times.
4. Dumbbell Overhead:
This is one of the effective arm fat loss exercises which can be done simply at home.
How To Do:
- Stand straight on your feet and hold a dumbbell with both hands.
- Raises your hands up and bring your palms together behind your head.
- Bend your elbows and move your palms down.
- Lift your palms to the centre of your head and repeat the movement 10 times before getting to starting position.
5. Lateral Arm Raises:
It is one of the effective exercises to lose arm fat at home. It also tightens the shoulder muscles as well.
How To Do:
- Stand on your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand at your sides.
- Inhale and raise your arms straight to your sides such that your palms face down parallel to the floor.
- Exhale and slowly lower your hands down. This is one rep.
- Repeat the movement for three sets of 10 to 12 reps.
6. Bent Rowing:
Bent rowing is a common yet very effective form of workout to tone down arms and the related muscle areas. They help build muscles by reducing the fat in the arms and lower arms. They tone down the muscles and strengthen the areas. Further, they also help to improve flexibility in our body through this regular workout.
How To Do:
- Stand straight and keep your legs shoulder width apart.
- Grab a dumbbell or barbell with palms facing down.
- Bend forward.
- Slightly bend your knees and keep your back straight.
- The Head should be pointed up and make sure your torso is parallel to the ground.
- Keep elbows close to the body and breathe out.
- Pull the bar towards the chest below your ribs. Exhale slowly.
- Squeeze your back muscles and hold for a bit.
- Lower the dumbbell/bar to starting position around the knees.
- Repeat the same for ten to fifteen reps.
7. One Arm Side Push-Ups:
One arm side push-ups are the next level of progress after normal push-ups. They are difficult to achieve yet very effective to get rid of flabby arms. They help target the arm muscles by reducing fat and strengthening the muscles. They also strengthen the core and improve stamina in our body in days.
How To Do:
- Lie in the sideward direction.
- Bend knees.
- Place left arm on the right shoulder.
- Push your torso up with help of the right arm on the ground. Palm should face up.
- Switch the sides and repeat.
- Do ten reps on each side.
8. Windmill Moves:
This is a common form of exercise which is also done to warm up the body in several instances or before the workout regime begins. They help make the arms flexible and reduce the excess fat in the arm areas. They tone down the arms and improve the posture.
How To Do:
- Raise your arms in front of you at shoulder level.
- They should be parallel to the ground.
- Raise arms upwards and rotate them backwards and down.
- Rotate the arms front again in 360-degree motion like a windmill.
- Repeat the same 20 times on each side.
- This helps to build strength in the upper and lower arms and muscles.
Pull-ups are favourites for several gym lovers. They are an effective way to get rid of back fat in the arm areas. Although they are difficult for many, they are very effective to flush out and get rid of arms fat. They help strengthen the core and tone down the arms which also improve flexibility in the body. They help get lean and toned down arms quickly and effectively.
How To Do:
- Fit a pull bar to your home. It is easy to find in most of the stores and can be fitted at home.
- Starting with the bottom, move and pull up.
- Use to pull up with your hands, shoulders and arms.
- Lower yourself slowly down.
- Repeat it 5-10 times at the beginner level and you can increase the pace slowly.
Planks are quite a common exercise to get rid of fat in the arms and belly area. They lay stress around those areas and hence are greatly followed by several gym goers and exercise fanatics. They help to get rid of fat by strengthening the muscles and toning them down. They also help to improve the posture and stamina of the body.
How To Do:
- Place your both elbows on the ground level.
- Also, place your legs and hips resting on the floor. Be relaxed.
- Raise the lower part of the body above the floor at first.
- You should make a straight plank position.
- Lower again and repeat the same exercise again.
- Do this exercise for a few minutes.
Lifestyle Changes and Recommendations:
Apart from the above-mentioned exercises and workouts to follow, a few lifestyle changes can boost quickly toning down the arms and overall weight in your body. Here are a few top tricks one can depend on for getting rid of flabby arms quickly.
- Keep count on your calories. Do not binge eat, keep a track of your consumption.
- Cut down sugars and eliminate them completely. High sugar content is very bad and injurious to health. They cause flabby arms. Do not have bottled or canned drinks rather have normal fruit drinks at home without sugar
- Do not skip breakfast. A wholesome and proper breakfast can do good for your body.
- Have a good amount of proteins, they do good to you and keep you full for longer periods of time. They help you avoid junk foods too.
- Have a regular exercise regime; do not miss out on the workout sessions. Exercise for at least five days a week.
- Drink lots of water, they help flush out toxins and unnecessary salt from your body.
- Sleep well. Rest and sleep are very important for a healthier lifestyle.
- Cut down on junk and baked foods. They do harm to your health and make you put on weight easily.
As we mentioned above, these are the best exercises to reduce arm fat in 5 days. All these workouts strengthen your upper body muscles along with your arms. Follow these workouts regularly with a strict diet plan and get the result in no time. I hope you find the article useful. Share your result with us below!
1. How to get rid of upper arm flab fast?
Exercise regularly. There is no shortcut, all you need is good exercise and a healthy diet routine. Do push-ups and pull-ups, weight training and planks regularly. They are good beginner’s exercises to tone down and shape the arms. Follow it regularly along with a healthy diet for effective and quicker results.
2. What causes flabby Arms?
Weight gain is a major cause of flabby arms. Junk and baked foods, and sugary and aerated drinks cause fat to accumulate quickly around arms areas. Cut down on junk and sugary foods, bread and rolls and follow a healthy and balanced diet to avoid fat around the arm areas.
3. Do Arm weights work?
While you do not require arm weights for sure to reduce fat near the arms, they do work and are beneficial to another level. They help change the workout routine to the next level. You can choose to have a long walk or run with weights regularly and incorporate them into your exercise routine.