Our height is the star of our personality. Are you one of those who is getting all sorts of funny nicknames due to your height which makes you annoyed and lose confidence? Then the good news is you can gain height even after puberty. Yes, there are various yoga poses, if done on a regular basis will help you gain height and also enhance your personality. So, below we enlisted some simple and best yoga asanas to increase height naturally at home.
You might argue that human height is all controlled by genes and nothing can change that but trust me you are mistaken. More than physical healing yoga does internal healing of our body and sorts out all the hormonal imbalances; thereby you can gain height naturally and quickly. Try these 10 simple and best yoga asanas to increase height naturally at home.
Tips To Increase Height Naturally with Yoga:
Though yoga can easily help you increase your height, it has to be backed up with certain lifestyle changes which will enable you to see positive results fast. The following are a few tips to increase height with yoga.
- Be regular in your exercise and stay motivated always. Increasing height is not something that will happen overnight, so perseverance is the key.
- Practice under expert guidance – Yoga is something that needs to be practised under expert guidance. Yoga poses if not done in a correct manner can do more harm than good, and you are prone to injuries.
- People with hernia problems or back problems should consult the doctor before beginning yoga and know about the various yoga poses that are safe for them.
- Try doing yoga on an empty stomach. Heavy meals before yoga can make the practice uncomfortable.
- Always do yoga on a proper yoga mat.
- Stay hydrated while doing yoga.
- Always do yoga in a clean and serene environment.
- Wear comfortable clothing before starting yoga.
Yoga Asanas To Increase Height Naturally:
Doing yoga is the best way of increasing height naturally and quickly. Here are the best yoga asanas to increase height quickly at home. Let’s have a look at them.
1. Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation):
This is one of the best wholesome asanas in Yoga. Whatever problem you might be facing, it can be easily solved with the help of Surya Namaskara. As you can see in the photo above, the Surya Namaskara is a combination of 12 poses together which cover the whole body.
How To Do:
- The Namaskar begins with folding the hands, then raising them above the head, bending down from the back with both the hands touching the floor, one leg bent and one stretched with neck towards the sky, and then both the legs back with a full plank pose.
- The next step is a pushdown, followed by a bhujangasana, mountain pose, and the reverse of poses 1-4.
- The series of asanas in Surya Namaskarare as – Pranamasana – Hastauttanasama – Padahastasana – AshwaSanchalanasana – parvatasana – AshtanagaNamaskar – Bhujangasana–Parvatasana -AshwaSanchalanasana – Padahastasana – Hastauttanasama – Pranamasana.
- Besides aiding in increasing the height, Surya Namaskara also helps in improving the physical and mental strength of the body, improving the postures, reducing stress and strengthening the digestive, respiratory, circulatory, and nervous systems of the body.
- Repeat 50 cycles of Surya Namaskara every day.
- Pregnant women should not do this asana.
- People with cardiac issues and hypertension also should avoid doing Surya Namaskara.
- Avoid doing Surya Namaskara during menstrual cycles.
- Within 6 months you will see a significant increase in your height.
2. Tadasana (Mountain Pose):
This is one of the easiest and best yoga asanas to increase height naturally at home. It has been observed that doing this asana regularly strengthens the spinal cord as well as the limbs. It makes the whole body agile which is very beneficial for gaining height.
How To Do:
- To do tadasana stand erect on the yoga mat with legs, and neck aligned. Keep both the feet together.
- Now while inhaling raise both your hands upwards parallel to each other.
- Now slowly raise both your feet from the heels stretching the whole body upwards.
- Repeat this 10-15 times every day.
- Within 3 months of regularly practising tadasana, you can see an increase in your height.
3. Vrikshasana (Tree Pose):
This is a wonderful yoga for height gain. With one leg folded and bent and placed on the other thigh, the whole body weight is borne by the other leg. This helps in strengthening the muscles. Furthermore, as the neck is stretched the pituitary gland upwards, which is responsible for secreting the growth hormone, gets activated and aids in gaining height.
How To Do:
- Stand straight on the yoga mat and breathe normally.
- With the left leg firmly grounded, bring the right foot slowly closer to the left foot and raise the heel, while maintaining the balance.
- Slowly bend the right leg from the knee and rest the right foot on the left thigh.
- Maintain the balance as you raise both your arms above your head, palms joining each other unbent from the elbows.
- Stay there as long as you can. Repeat this 8-10 times daily.
- Within 3 months you will start noticing the difference in your height.
For those who are facing height problems and whose torso is shorter than the lower body, this asana is the best one. The standing forward asana or the hastapadasana is said to work for each and every part of the body right from the head until the toe. Thus it balances the overall appearance of the body making you look better.
How To Do:
- Stand straight on your mat with feet close to each other.
- Now bend from your back and try touching your hands to your feet without bending your knees and touching your head to your knees.
- Hold for 10 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times
- You can see your body getting into the right proportion in 6 months.
5. Ustra Asana (Camel Pose):
This asana involves backward bending of the neck. This triggers the pituitary gland or the master gland responsible for secreting the growth hormones and thereby enhancing the growth rate. So if you are looking for yoga for height, then this asana is a must.
How To Do:
- Sit on your mat in Vajrasana (Kneel down position)
- Stand on your knees and while inhaling bend backwards pulling in the tail bone.
- Keep your back arched, hands holding your toes with elbows resting on the floor and your head touching the floor.
- Hold for 10 seconds before you release.
- Repeat each day thrice.
- This asana is very effective for increasing the height and results can be seen in barely one month.
By doing this asana, pressure is exerted on the neck, back and thigh muscles. Thus the pituitary glands are activated, and growth hormones are released thereby helping a person grow taller naturally:
How To Do:
- Sit straight on your mat.
- Bend forward from your back trying to hold the toes by your fingers and touching the forehead on the knee and elbows on the ground.
- Hold as much as you can and release.
- Repeat thrice daily.
- This exercise should not be done by people who are already facing sciatica or slipped disc problems.
- Doing this daily will help you grow taller in 6 months.
7. Ujjayi Pranayama:
This exercise is also known as victorious breathing. Breathing in the right way can activate all the required glands by sending direct vibrations to them. Thus the concerned glands produce the required hormones and bring positive changes to the person’s physical ecosystem. This yoga exercise to increase height can be done as below:
How To Do:
- Sit comfortably on your mat in a serene location.
- Do rhythmic yogic breathing (Deep breathe in and breathe out with regular holds in between in the count of 6-3-6-3) with your nose keeping your mouth shut.
- This yoga stimulates the growth of hormones and releases the spine from the stress that aids in height growth.
8. Sarvang Asana:
This asana involves inversion against gravity. There is direct pressure on the neck and thus the pituitary gland thereby boosting the secretion of growth hormones which come directly from the pituitary glands. This is one of the best yoga asanas to increase height and can be done as below:
How To Do:
- Lie down straight on your back with your palms facing downwards.
- Now exerting the pressure on the palms try lifting your legs, hips, and back towards the top.
- Now while supporting the back with the palms, get your back straight up until shoulder level.
- Keep straightening the legs until it reaches the toes parallel to the neck level at 90 degrees.
- Hold for 30 seconds and repeat at least thrice every day.
- This exercise will start showing you results in just one month.
- People suffering from sciatica or neck problem should avoid doing this exercise.
9. Chakrasana or Wheel Pose:
Whatever age group you belong to, doing this asana can help you gain height always. This asana is extremely helpful to those who wish to gain height. It involves backward bending and neck stretching which activates the pituitary gland that activates the growth hormones. Besides the elasticity of the spinal cord increases and the body becomes extremely flexible.
How To Do:
- Lay down on your back.
- Fold your legs from the knees and rest your arms near the shoulder folding them towards the back.
- Now exerting the pressure on your palms try lifting your body from the back to make a wheel.
- Hold in this position for 30 seconds.
- This position can give positive results in just 30 days to people of any age group, even after puberty.
10. Cat Pose or Bidalasana:
This posture can help you gain enviable height. In this asana, the spinal cord is extended both in and out thereby facilitating the expansion of every disc and every cartilage in the spinal cord which ultimately increases the height.
How To Do:
- Sit on the floor on your knees and hands resting forward.
- Now while breathing in make an arch in your spine and while breathing out make an inward arch.
- Repeat this process 15 to 20 times each day.
- This process increases the flexibility of the spine.
- This process is extremely helpful in gaining height and results can be seen in a couple of months.
The above are the best yoga asanas to increase height naturally at home. Yoga is a wonderful way to resolve all physical and mental problems. The yoga postures improve blood circulation in the body and stimulate the growth hormones, but there are various other factors that affect the height of the person, and thus only yoga cannot guarantee the required results.
Yoga coupled with a diet that is rich in proteins and carbohydrates during the formative years can aid in the proper growth of the child. For best results introduce your child to yoga and a healthy lifestyle from a very young age and encourage them to stay motivated and to follow them in the long run to ensure adequate growth of the child.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1: Can Yoga Increase Height?
Answer 1: A person who does yoga regularly can see a height increase which can range from ½ inch to 2 inches. This increase is seen on average in every regular yoga practitioner. However, experts suggest that this increase in height is more of stretching rather than growth itself. Yoga makes your body flexible and stretches every limb. Hench the body gets stretched which is seen as an increase in height. However, it is no growth by itself.
Question 2: Does Yoga Increase Height after 21?
Answer 2: Generally it is said that the height of a person stops after he attains maturity (Puberty). However the same is not the case with regular yoga practitioners. Yoga exercises especially the ones involving forward and backward bending stretch the body. It improves blood circulation and clears the digestive system of any toxins. This ultimately boosts the growth hormones and height gain can be seen even after puberty.
Question 3: Which Yoga is best for increasing Height?
Answer 3: As discussed in this article above the various yoga asanas that involve forwards and backward bending and stretching are good for increasing the height. The pituitary glands release growth hormones. Once these glands are activated, a boost is received to the growth hormones which can be seen as a height increase. The following are the various asanas that are best for increasing height:
Question 4: What should we eat to increase Height?
Answer 4: Yoga is good for increasing height, but we must accept the fact that there are various factors that are affecting the height of the person and hence yoga alone won’t be sufficient to see the positive changes that we are expecting. A properly balanced diet routine coupled with yoga can give you the desired results. The following are the various foods that one should eat to increase height:
- Dairy products such as milk, cheese, butter, buttermilk, paneer, etc.
- Eggs and meat
- Carbohydrates such as rice, potatoes, etc.
- Proteins such as dal, pulses
- Green leafy vegetables
Question 5: Does Yoga make you fit?
Answer 5: It is a misconception that yoga increases your flexibility and relaxes various muscles, but doesn’t get you fit and for staying fit, one needs to do power walking or run. In fact, yoga alone can keep you fit, and you do not need any other power exercises. Yoga clears the body of any toxins and normalizes any hormonal imbalance. This helps you stay fit and healthy.
Question 6: How many times can you do Yoga in a day?
Answer 6: Yoga is amazing, and you can reap its benefits even if you do it just once each week. However, if yoga is the only exercise that you are doing, then it is advisable to do it 3-5 times a week. A yoga session should last 1 hour to 1.5 hours. However, rest is required and hence gives your body a relaxing day at least once a week if not more.
Question 7: How long does Yoga take to work?
Answer 7: Frankly speaking the answer to this is it depends. It depends upon how dedicated you are and how disciplined you are towards your practices. Everybody is different, and the answer is subjective depending from case to case. The amazing benefits of yoga in terms of flexibility and calmness can be seen in just a few weeks. While in 2-3 months various fitness markers such as flexibility, flat tummy, strength, and weight loss can be seen.