Does power yoga really help you to shed those extra pounds? The answer to this is yes! Power yoga includes exercises that definitely promote weight loss. Were you aware that yoga is considered much more effective than other forms of exercise in making you lose weight? The top 10 best poses of power yoga are part of a vigorous and energetic yoga flow that increases your heart rate, metabolism, and calories burned. You will be rewarded with great body and spirit, by practising the best poses of power yoga to lose weight fast at home regularly.
Power Yoga and Health Tips for Weight Loss:
The combination of power yoga for weight reduction, a healthy routine, and a good diet plan can effectively help you lose 1 to 3 kilograms per month. Wondering how the relationship between yoga and diet is? Don’t be surprised, several people have tried it, and the results have always been great! If you follow these tips, it will be an easy task to lose unwanted weight.
- When you try to lose weight and keep it off, being consistent with your routine is key. A study published in Obesity found that it is more beneficial for long-term weight loss to slowly shed pounds each week than to drastically lose weight.
- Most yoga trainers and experts recommend fruit and vegetables to help combat obesity and increase your determination to lose fat.
- Fish and meat are also allowed; however, consumption should be limited. To check for specifications, you can speak to your trainer.
- Eating smaller meals throughout the day is recommended and avoiding the four heavy meal routine. It is also known that this pattern keeps you less hungry, so you tend to consume fewer calories.
- Therefore, power yoga for weight loss helps you reduce weight while your diet helps you consume the right amount of calories your body needs.
- You can eat white meat like fish and chicken together with fruits and vegetables but stay away from red meats because they tend to contribute excessively to the existing problem of obesity.
- To keep the body hydrated and free of toxins, water should be consumed regularly.
- When it comes to weight gain, stress is a sneaky culprit. According to a study published in Physiology & Behavior, feeling stressed may cause you to crave unhealthy foods like sweets and carbohydrates even if you’re not really hungry, so be stress-free.
- Making sure your body moves every day is essential, not just for weight loss, but also for your health. Walking about 10,000 steps a day lowers your risk of heart disease, some cancers, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
Best Power Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss:
Power yoga helps make your gluteal muscles stronger and tones the whole body. Here are some fantastic power yoga fat-burning poses that promote weight loss along with a few tips to help you practice them.
1. Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation):
It is a sequence of twelve powerful yoga poses. Surya Namaskar is known to have an immensely positive impact on the body and mind, power yoga for weight loss as well as is a great cardiovascular workout. Helps with stretching, flexing and muscle toning. It is an excellent weight loss management exercise. It takes about 3 minutes and 40 seconds to complete a full round of Surya Namaskar. Calories burned in 1 Surya Namaskar can, therefore, be as high as 13.91 calories.
How To Do:
- Power yoga for weight loss includes the entire process of sun salutation that starts with the cobra pose, and you can end the process with the Surya Namaskar as you go through the different stretches.
- The process begins with a basic stretch that then turns into a lunge and then a twist that includes the downward dog and cobra pose in it. The pose ends with soft breathing folding your arms before you.
- Doing 50 Surya namaskars every day for 20 days can help to lose weight and gain flexibility.
2. PaschimottanasanaAshtanga (Seated Forward Bend):
The pose of Paschimottanasana gives the back muscles a complete stretch. It is a full-body workout yoga to lose weight that helps in stretching and toning almost all the muscles of the body right from the arms and shoulders to the abdomen, buttocks, and legs.
How To Do:
- Sit on the floor straight in front with your legs stretched and your toes pointing up. Set your feet apart about six inches. Use your hands to grasp the big toes of both feet and lower your body forward and try to touch your toes.
- Keep your back straight full time and feel your spine, abdomen, legs, and arms build stretch and tension.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and return to the starting position while breathing normally.
- Practice this pose daily along with other power yoga asanas for 20-25 days and see a reduction in weight.
3. Vasisthasana (Sage Pose):
Vasisthasana, also known as the sage pose, is an effective asana in yoga that can provide you with several advantages including weight loss. Vasistha is a Sanskrit word meaning “the best or wealthiest of all.” The name fits asana yoga as it is one of the best poses for your body, particularly the abdominal area.
How To Do:
- Start with your left hand on the mat just below your left shoulder and your feet at an angle in the sideboard pose.
- Little by little reach your right leg to your right arm.
- If you can keep the right leg straight, grab your toes.
- This requires a great deal of leg flexibility.
- Try bending your knee slightly if you can’t straighten your leg.
- Perform Vasisthasana 5-6 times daily, and reduce your weight in a month.
The pose of the warrior is named after the fierce warrior Virabhadra in Hindu mythology. This poses helps to focus your balance. Its power yoga pose and weight loss are all rolled into one as it strengthens and stretches the thighs, abdomen, calves and back muscles all in one gentle pose! This pose extends the back and tones the thighs, buttock, and stomach. It will help you burn the midsection fat.
How To Do:
- Stand together with your feet and hands by your side. Now stretch your right leg forward while keeping your left leg backward extended.
- Now bend the right knee and twist the torso to face the bent right leg. Exhale, straighten your arms and lift your body away from your bent knee.
- Stretch your arms upwards and tilt your torso back slowly to form an arch on your back.
- Stay for as long as you feel comfortable in this pose.
- Repeat with the left leg extended forward with the same steps.
- Virabhadrasana must be performed at least six times a day, to see a visible reduction in weight in 35-40 days.
5. Wind Releasing Pose (Pawanmuktasana):
This is an abundant power yoga pose to drop extra weight. This is also known as Pawanmuktasana. Pawanmuktasana is one of the few asanas of yoga that dissolves excess abdominal fat. The release of toxic gases from the abdomen is also helpful. Pawanmuktasana relieves constipation and provides eases stomach heaviness. It is also useful for the flexibility and strength of the spine.
How To Do:
- Lie on the back on the ground. Bring your right leg upward at a 90-degree angle.
- Bend your right leg from your knee and put it on your stomach. Press your leg firmly next to your stomach.
- Take it with your hands and press it. Relief. Repeat with your left leg as well.
- Perform the wind releasing pose 6-7 times per day regularly, as power yoga for losing weight in 30-40 days.
6. Dhanurasana Yoga Or Bow Pose:
Dhanurasana is an inordinate yoga move for toning and dropping additional fat from your arms and legs. It’s a basic Hatha yoga posture. The final pose in this exercise looks like the Dhanush (bow) shape. So it’s called in Sanskrit Dhanurasana. It helps to reduce the fat in the belly quickly. It strengthens the ankles, thighs, groins, organs and spinal cord in the chest and abdominal region.
How To Do:
- Lie down on the ground (on the stomach). Relax with 2-3 breaths altogether.
- Slowly inhale and bend your legs backwards and catch the ankles with your hands as shown in the picture above. You’ll see your body is in the form of a bow now.
- Your entire weight will come on your abdomen in this position. The ground will only be touched by your stomach and pelvic area.
- For 15-20 seconds hold this position and continue to take a deep breath.
- After you practice this, you can increase the time.
- Now exhale slowly after 15-20 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Repeat this cycle four to five times a day.
- Doing the pose regularly gives you a slimmer body in a month.
For those who dream of thinner legs, arms, hands, and thighs, Garudasana is a correct good weight loss choice. Benefits: Improves balance and concentration. The ankles and calves are strengthened. The thighs, shoulders and upper back are stretched.
How To Do:
- Stand up. Bend your right knee gently and wrap your left leg around your right to stack the knees over each other.
- You have to touch your left foot with your right shin.
- Raise both arms to the height of your shoulder and wrap your right hand around the left.
- Make sure your elbows are bent at angles of 90 degrees and stacked as well.
- Strike a balance in the pose as your hips are gently brought down. Instead of leaning to one side, your knees need to move towards the midline.
- Hold for a couple of seconds the pose. Breathe slowly and profoundly.
- Concentrate on your third eye and let go of your negative emotions.
- Release the pose, and repeat the pose with the left knee.
- Garudasana helps you lose weight in 15-20 days.
8. Triangle Pose:
This is good power yoga for beginners to lose weight. The triangle poses twisting motion helps improve digestion and reduces fat deposits in the belly. It involves the legs and arms muscles and helps to burn fat and loss weight.
How To Do:
- Stand straight to get this pose started.
- Start pushing your legs outwards to keep your spine and upper body straight so you can feel the stretch from the pull.
- Start bending on your side right now until the palm touches the ground.
- The other hand can support the body simultaneously by lifting it straight upwards. Repeat on the other side.
- Triangle pose is beneficial to power yoga fat burning in a few weeks.
9. ArdhaChandrasana Yoga Or Half Moon:
Ardhachandrasana is a great way to stretch your spine and tone your back and core muscles. Besides, toning your buttocks, and upper and inner thighs is also great. The added stretch on your tummy’s sides helps you burn off those unsightly love handles and reinforce your core. Ardhachandrasana is also a great way to do it, apart from all the physical benefits it is also a great way to improve digestion and relieve stress.
How To Do:
- Here we start with a downward dog replica as you stand there touching the ground with your toes and palm.
- Now high enough to create a stretch and hold the position on one side of your limb.
- Repeat the same thing for the next set with the opposite limbs.
- The Half Moon pose is a perfect power yoga exercise for weight loss to see a visible change in 15-18 days.
10. Uttanpadasana Yoga Or Raised Feet Pose:
Yoga pose raised legs or Uttanpadasana is one of the significant supine yoga positions and is hugely beneficial for lower fat and flat stomach. The yoga of the elevated feet is quite popular with those eager to lose weight or burn the fat on the belly. Power yoga exercises, it is also essential yoga pose. The youth love this yoga very much because their practice leads to a flat stomach.
How To Do:
- Start by lying on your back and resting, on either side of you with your arms.
- Crunch your abdomen and begin to raise your lower limbs together now.
- Go up until your limbs are perpendicular to your body and leave as you dent and tighten your abdomen for two seconds.
- This is also one of the most important and easiest powers yoga poses for even beginners to lose weight.
- This powerful yoga to lose weight fast gives you results in 12-15 days.
The power yoga poses result in phenomenal and long-lasting weight loss when practised together. Now, you know the secret to quick and efficient loss of weight! Try these power yoga routines to lose weight quickly and let us know your transformation! Follow us for more effective health-related Yoga. Share your inspiring weight loss journey with us in the comment section below!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1: What is Power Yoga?
Answer 1: Power Yoga is a fitness-based practice of vinyasa. An offshoot of Ashtanga Yoga, it has many of the same qualities and benefits, including building internal heat, increasing stamina, strength, and flexibility, as well as reducing stress. Teachers design their sequences, while students synchronize their breath with their movements. Beryl Bender Birch developed and founded the original Power Yoga, but it is now a term used to describe many vigorous styles of vinyasa. It improves stamina, flexibility, posture, and mental focus. It also relieves tension, like all physical activities, and releases toxins through sweat. It burns much more calories than other traditional forms of yoga because it is rigorous and can, therefore, help with weight loss.
Question 2: Is Yoga Good for Weight loss?
Answer 2: “Regular yoga practice may influence weight loss, but not in the” traditional “sense of how we link physical activity to weight loss. Typically, weight loss occurs when a person’s calorie intake (i.e., food and drink consumed) is less than their caloric expenditure (i.e., energy is spent all day, and more is spent during exercise). Ashtanga Yoga practice releases profuse sweating that helps detoxify the body’s organs and a different system, thus leading to slimming of the body.
Question 3: What is the difference between Power Yoga and General Yoga?
Answer 3: Power Yoga is the western notion where one sweats to purify and detoxify the body profusely like in the gym. In Power Yoga, meditation, chanting, and mantra are given minimum thrust. While, General Yoga is a broad term covering Asanas, Pranayama, Meditation, Shatkarma, Diet, and so on.
Question 4: What are the other benefits of Power Yoga?
Answer 4: Power Yoga is a great way to integrate the mental, physical, and spiritual benefits of yoga with high-intensity, calorie-burning exercise. Power Yoga strengthens your body, increases flexibility, promotes stamina and weight loss, and improves posture and balance.
Question 5: How often should I practice power vinyasa Yoga?
Answer 5: We recommend 4-6 times a week for transformation results. Consistently done 2-3 times a week will also bring transformation and great results. Use your intuition and wisdom to develop your best timetable even if it’s one or two days a week. Coherence is going to be a key to your success.
Question 6: How can power vinyasa Yoga help me with my physical problems?
Answer 6: Overdoing or underdoing causes many injuries and chronic aches and pains. Some areas of the body may be overworked while others become weak. Just the inactivity of sitting at a desk all day, using the keyboard only with your eyes and fingers, can be trouble. The body likes moving, stretching, running, and playing–yoga offers a complete stretching and strengthening method to revitalize the entire body and boost its healing capacity.
Question 7: Is it safe to do Yoga during pregnancy?
Answer 7: For pregnant women, yoga can be very beneficial. It helps you to improve and relax your breathing patterns, which in turn can help you adjust to pregnancy, labour, birth, and motherhood physical demands. It calms both the mind and body, providing relief from your body’s physical and emotional stress throughout the pregnancy experience. If you have never practised yoga before, we would recommend a prenatal Yoga class instead of a general Yoga class; it is also a great way to meet other mothers-to-be and embark on this journey together.