Scientists and physicians continue to work on the best hair products, and there is also a wide range of over-the-counter hair growth potions, but in most cases, they do more harm than good in the long run, so it’s best to opt for natural hair growth remedies that have no side effects. Moreover, these home remedies for hair growth are cheap and affordable and hair regrowth that doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket. The best part is that you can find these ingredients right in your kitchen! Here are our 10 best natural home remedies for hair growth that works amazing.
Top Tips For Rapid Hair Growth:
Only a lucky few have enviable long hair. For the rest of us, our hair care routine requires patience, effort, and some very disciplined routines in hair care. If you’ve been discouraged because your hair doesn’t grow as long or as fast as you want, don’t reach for the extensions yet. Check out these hair growth tips.
- Eating Right Food: The most important thing to consider is a diet full of healthy fats if you want thick and healthy hair. Make sure you get plenty of good quality protein and good fats such as olive oil and omega 3. Eating foods like salmon, avocados, nuts, vegetables, and fruit is recommended to get all the critical nutrients needed for long hair quickly.
- Get Frequent Trims: It may seem counterintuitive, but you need to get regular trims if you want long hair that’s healthy. While haircuts are not making your hair grow faster, they are getting rid of the split ends that break your hair. Eliminating the breakage makes your hair grow faster. After all, a split end that breaks may cause your hair to lose length – not to mention brightness, volume, and smoothness.
- Avoid Heat Styling: Stop over-styling your hair. If you need to use heat, the decreasing temperature is recommended and always use a heat-protective — otherwise, you risk damaging your hair, causing breakage and frizz.
- Add Vitamins To Your Routine: If your diet does not provide you with sufficient nutrition, a supplement may make a difference in the world. Look for a formulated and labelled multivitamin’ for hair, skin, and nails. These contain essential vitamins that support hair health, such as biotin and C and B vitamins. In the process, you may get better skin.
- Distribute Natural Oil To Your Hair: Going to bed with unbrushed hair may be tempting when you’re tired, but it can be great for your hair health to give a few quick strokes. Use a boar bristle brush starting from the scalp to distribute the oils of your scalp evenly on your hair so that it remains naturally moisturized. Every night, this simple step helps to increase circulation, helping to make your scalp healthier, and it is also the best way to make hair grow.
- Avocado oil is good for moisturising and rejuvenating hair.
- Conditioner – Be sure to religiously apply conditioner to your hair after shampooing.
- Hair boosting supplements can also be tried to improve hair growth.
- Regular massages with oil will not only nourish your hair but will also promote hair growth.
- Stress – Avoid stress as this can negatively impact the growth of your hair, in spite of all the hair treatments.
Best Home Remedies For Hair Growth and Thickness:
Just as your skin needs nutrition and care, so your curls need your loving attention too. In ensuring healthy hair, a basic hair care routine can go a long way. However, experts are cautious when it comes to chalking out a robust hair care plan against over-dependence on chemical products. Instead, look for natural home remedies for hair growth— you can find in your own home some of the hair solutions. Here are some of the simple and effective natural home remedies for hair growth.
1. Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil has been adored for generations as a magical home remedy for hair growth. There are several reasons why people throughout the ages have sung paeans for coconut. Medium-chain fatty acids, lauric and capric acid ensure rich antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties in coconuts, which are needed primarily to prevent free radicals and to get the hair to grow faster. This remedy to hair growth is one of the best natural hair conditioners. Coconut oil is rich in potassium, keeping your scalp healthy, encouraging new hair growth and repairing hair damage. It also reduces hair breakage, hair loss, and dandruff. Coconut oil is also used as a precondition for damaged hair treatment so it is one of the best home remedies for hair growth.
How to make hair grow faster using coconut oil?
- You will need Virgin coconut oil.
- Warm up the oil and massage it gently throughout your scalp.
- Keep it overnight and wash your hair the next morning.
- You can use coconut oil whenever you wash your hair.
- It’s recommended to use it twice a week as natural tips for long hair.
- Using coconut oil regularly before washing will grow your hair fast and thick in a month’s time.
2. Olive Oil:
Olive oil helps prevent hair loss as well as heal it. It is one of the natural home remedies for hair growth. Regular use of olive oil prevents DTH hormone formation and makes hair growth easier. By making your hair soft and silky, it also acts as a natural conditioner. In this oil, the antioxidants also stimulate hair growth. Olive oil is an effective hair growth remedy when it comes to smooth and shiny hair. It contains omega-three fatty acids that help you with long hair growth.
How to get long hair fast using Olive Oil?
- Extra virgin olive oil, a towel, and hot water are the things you need.
- Heat the oil and massage your scalp with it. Soak the towel in hot water and scrape the excess oil.
- For 15-20 minutes, wrap this around your hair and head.
- After this, rinse your hair as usual.
- Do this treatment with oil once every 4-5 days until you get the long hair you want.
- Within a couple of months, you will notice a considerable difference in the shine and volume of your hair.
3. Almond Oil:
Almond oil contains all sorts of healthy hair ingredients such as fatty acids, Omega-3, phospholipids, vitamin E, and magnesium. Using almond oil feeds and strengthens your hair and is ideal for treating hair loss and hair damage. To add silkiness and shine & nourish the scalp, a few drops go a long way. Almond Oil is one of the hair growth secrets of women. Being an emollient, it restores the scalp and hair moisture balance. It fights dryness, itchiness, and any other irritation that may occur on the scalp affecting hair growth. It can also enhance your hair and make it luscious and shiny.
How to get long hair fast using Almond Oil?
- Massage the almond oil gently on the scalp.
- The best way is to leave the oil overnight and rinse your hair in the morning.
- Apply almond oil for a month twice a week and notice the hair difference.
4. Curry Leaves:
If you are thinking of how to make your hair grow super long? Then curry leaves are the answer. Curry leaves promote the growth of hair and avoid premature greying. Curry leaves are a rich source of beta-carotene and proteins, capable of reducing hair loss and increasing hair growth. They also contain amino acids and antioxidants that make hair follicles stronger and moisturize the scalp. Also, curry leaves help remove dead hair follicles, which can be the reason for dandruff.
How to make hair grow faster using Curry Leaves?
- A handful of fresh curry leaves and half a cup of coconut oil are required for this.
- Take half a cup of coconut oil (depending on your hair length). Add 7 to 8 fresh curry leaves and cook together.
- Don’t burn your leaves; take them to a boil. You’ll find the formation of black residue; apply this residue to your hair.
- Use this to look at the difference twice a week.
- The above mixture will help in hair growth and fight against grey hair as well.
- Use this remedy once every week to get long hair fast.
- Use this remedy for a month, and you will see a difference in the volume of your hair.
5. Amla Powder:
Amla is an antioxidant, nutrient and vitamin C powerhouse. It promotes healthy hair growth and also enhances hair pigmentation. It is rich in vitamin C, which increases the growth of hair. It will also avoid the greying of hair. Using amla oil to massage your scalp helps boost blood circulation. In turn, this optimizes your follicles ‘ nourishment and increases hair growth. Not only this, but amla oil also helps get rid of the scalp dry flakes and dissolves the follicles ‘ grease and dirt, improving overall scalp health. Boosted scalp health enables pH levels and oil production to be optimized.
How to make hair grow faster using Amla Powder?
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan, then add two teaspoons of amla powder.
- Heat the oil until it becomes brown. Turn off the heat to cool the oil. Collect the oil in a bowl after the charred powder has been settled.
- Apply it to your scalp and hair while it’s still slightly warm — massage for around 15 minutes on your scalp.
- Once your scalp is massaged and your hair is completely covered in the oil, wait another 30 minutes with the oil in your hair.
- Wash the oil with a mild sulfate-free shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Amla Powder is healthy and one of the best hair growth tips for women; for visible results, follow using it at least thrice a month.
- With regular use of Amla on hair, you can see a visible difference in just 1 month.
This herb is also an age-old remedy for problems with hair growth. It contains proteins and nicotinic acid; diets enriched with proteins are known to promote hair growth stimulation.
How to make hair grow faster using Fenugreek?
- In a grinder, add a tablespoon of this herb and water, grind until it has formed a smooth paste.
- Add some drops of coconut oil (or milk) and apply for half an hour on your hair and scalp.
- With a mild shampoo, wash it off.
- It is undoubtedly one of the best tips for hair growth.
- This remedy will not only help you grow your hair, but it will also protect your hair’s natural colour.
- Fenugreek paste must be applied twice a month.
- See a positive growth in your hair in just a couple of months with the use of fenugreek on hair.
Eggs are power-packed with vitamins that are essential hair nutrients in proteins, minerals, and B – complex. These nutrients, particularly biotin and other vitamins of the B – complex, help to curb hair loss by strengthening your hair roots. The nutrients also help to stimulate the growth of new hair, add volume and thicken your hair. The proteins help reinforce your hair while the fats help condition it and improve the texture of your hair.
How to make hair grow faster-using Eggs?
- Just take 2 eggs of medium size and break them in a bowl. Beat it well. Apply the beaten egg to the wet hair and leave for 10-15 minutes at least.
- Later, rinse your hair with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water so that the odour of the egg disappears from your hair.
- With this egg hair treatment, it is best to perform the procedure for the first 2 weeks at least 3 times a week to strengthen your locks for long hair.
- You can lower the frequency to just once, twice, or as needed on the third week.
- Using eggs on hair works like magic. Within 15 days, you can see a difference in the volume of your hair.
8. Beetroot Juice:
Beetroot is rich in vitamins C and B6, folate, manganese, betaine, and potassium, all vital to healthy hair growth. It also acts as a detoxifier by helping to keep the scalp clean.
How to make hair grow faster using Beetroot Juice?
- Boil 1 beetroot and grind with 5 – 6 leaves of henna.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and the entire hair length, leave it on for 15-20 minutes, and later rinse with warm water.
- Within a month’s time, you can see a noticeable difference in your hair.
9. Onion Juice:
Onions are packed with 2 unusual ingredients – Sulfur and Quercetin that can help boost hair growth. Also, onions are also a good source of biotin, flavonoids, manganese, copper, vitamin C, phosphorous and folic acids, which are all very important for healthy hair. Scientifically, it has been shown that topical onion juice application can help with hair loss. A study published in the Journal of Dermatology (2002) found that 86 percent of people with alopecia areata experienced hair regrowth just after 6 weeks of using onion juice.
How to make hair grow faster using Onion Juice?
- Peel and cut the onions into four parts. Mix the pieces and add a little water to a juicer/grinder, then filter the juice with a muslin cloth.
- This will ensure that no chunks of onion are stuck in your hair when you use the juice.
- Give your scalp a proper onion juice application. Using your fingers, use circular movements to massage it into your scalp gently.
- Rinse with a mild shampoo with a pleasant fragrance for an hour to get rid of the pungent onion smell. Do this to witness the benefits frequently.
- Onions are a very effective home remedy showing a positive result on hair growth in just 15 days.
10. Aloe Vera:
Many believe that the Aloe Vera plant is helpful to the skin, scalp, and hair. It can help to strengthen and thicken the hair over time by applying aloe oil directly to the hair and scalp. There are several readily available commercial products containing aloe as an active ingredient. Often these products take the form of gels and creams directly applied to the scalp and hair. It is one of the simple tips for long hair.
How to make hair grow faster using Aloe Vera?
- Apply some pure aloe gel to the scalp for a homemade solution and let it stay for 30 minutes before rinsing.
- Some people use coconut oil or olive oil to mix the aloe. This treatment can be used once or twice a week.
- Within a couple of months of regular application, you will notice a difference in your hair.
11. Hibiscus Flower:
Hibiscus hair mask is known to strengthen the hair roots and foster hair growth. It also makes your hair manageable and nourishes it. When it comes to boosting hair growth, hibiscus-infused oil has shown tremendous results. It is rich in vitamin C that stimulates the production of collagen (the chain of amino acids that gives strength to your hair) to ensure healthy hair growth. It’s rich in amino acids that feed your hair, reinforce your roots and keep your locks healthy and lustrous. The flower stimulates dormant follicle hair regrowth and bald patches. This helps to thicken and add volume to your hair.
How to make hair grow faster-using Hibiscus?
- Grind the hibiscus flowers in a fine paste together with the leaves.
- Mix with the yoghurt until a smooth consistency is obtained. Apply your scalp and hair with this hair mask and leave it on for about an hour.
- Wash the mask with lukewarm water and shampoo out of your hair (OR) Grind the leaves and flowers to form a smooth paste.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil or almond oil to the paste. Use this hair and scalp mixture. For 30 minutes, leave the paste and wash with lukewarm water afterwards.
- Within 2 months, you will see your hair grow long and strong naturally.
For longer, stronger, and shinier hair, try these effective home remedies. Usually, it works best to combine a few solutions. Make recommended changes in your diet for long-lasting effects as well. Have you any secret home remedies for hair growth? Please share your comments with us in the box below.
All of these best home remedies for hair growth described above are assembled from the experiences of people around the world and have hardly any side effects, but each type of hair is different. So please try the remedy before applying it to the entire hair on a small portion of the surface. If there is some reaction or irritation, please stop using it and consult your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1: What are the most important factors that influence hair growth?
Answer 1: How your hair grows depends on a lot of factors and how they supplement each other and interact. Here are the most important factors that could affect the growth of your hair:
- An unhealthy diet leads to vitamin, mineral and protein deficiencies.
- Old Age.
- Hormonal Imbalance.
- Weak Immune System.
- Physical stress on the hair, such as excessive hairstyling and use.
- Psychological problems such as stress, trauma and anxiety medications such as antidepressants and blood thinners.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Environmental factors like weather patterns, pollutants in the atmosphere and exposure to sunlight.
Question 2: How many inches of hair in a month can you grow?
Answer 2: The average growth in hair is about a quarter of an inch per month. The best way to accelerate this growth is to use hair care methods.
Question 3: After a haircut or shaving your head, how long does it take for your hair to grow back?
Answer 3: After a haircut, hair growth varies from person to person. Every month it can be anything from 1/3rd of an inch to even 5/6th of an inch. If you shave your head, the same rate of growth can be applied.
Question 4: Is treatment with hot oil good for hair growth?
Answer 4: Yes! It can stimulate the hair follicles and allow the oil to penetrate deeper layers to feed the scalp and hair as well.
Question 5: Do the split ends stop the growth of hair?
Answer 5: This is people’s most common misconception of hair growth. Split ends are on the tips of the hair. Your hair grows out of the scalp hair follicles. The split ends cannot stop the growth of hair. They do, however, reflect that your hair is in poor health and needs additional nutrition.
Question 6: Does a scalp massage contribute to hair growth?
Answer 6: A scalp massage stimulates the capillaries that supply blood to the scalp, with or without oil. This can increase the circulation of blood, leading to the delivery of more nutrients to the scalp. Hair growth can be improved as a result.
Question 7: Is it safe to take prenatal vitamins to help with hair growth?
Answer 7: Prenatal vitamins are intended to supply all the necessary amounts of vitamins and minerals to a pregnant woman. There is no evidence that this can help hair growth. The difference seen in their hair by pregnant women is due to the hormones of pregnancy and not due to these vitamins.