It is a very well-known fact that one of the toughest goals to achieve is to lose excess fat around the waistline. Reducing belly fat takes time, patience, and a daily dose of muscle toning exercises, but it just seems boring to do ab crunches? Then, instead, try yoga asanas to reduce belly fat. Doing yoga the right way doesn’t just give you a flat stomach; it also tones your entire body. Here are some simple and best yoga asanas to reduce belly fat.
Excellent Tips and Tricks For A Flat Belly:
Having a flat stomach is on the list of things most people want to accomplish when they start a new fitness regime. Whether it’s because you drank soda or ate a meal high in salt, your stomach may look a little puffy, sometimes bloating gets in the way of this. If you have any special occasion or want to learn the tips and tricks to a flat stomach, read on!
- Skip Processed Foods: Refined grains like white bread, chips, and refined sugars in sweetened drinks and desserts increase fat in our bodies, so eating processed foods will hinder your ability to lose belly fat. Natural foods such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables prevent belly fat.
- Stay Away From Salt: If you eat plenty of food with a lot of salt in it, this may be the reason why your stomach is bloated and looks puffy. Some examples include pre-packaged soups, dressings, and sauces. Try to reduce your salt intake (including soy sauce) and use other herbs and spices to flavour your food.
- Go Green: Green tea has an antioxidant called EGCG that can help boost your metabolism and help your body use fat. Drink 2 – 3 cups of green tea a day for best results. You can even make it iced by adding ice cubes and keeping it in the fridge for a few hours!
- Perform Cardio Daily: Hear us out before you groan every day at the thought of slugging it out on the treadmill! Daily cardio performance can help keep your metabolism going and fat burning. This can be as simple as waking up earlier for a 30-minute walk or incorporating HIIT into your workout routine. Be sure to pump your heart rate at least once a day to help burn fat
- Laugh It Up!: Laughing is the best thing for your abs. Every time you laugh, your abs will be strengthened.
- Consume protein shakes.
- Include probiotics regularly.
- Consume more soluble fibre.
- Include monosaturated fats, which is a healthy fat.
Best Yoga Asanas To Reduce Belly Fat:
Yoga is an excellent way of changing things, toning your whole body, and losing weight if you want to concentrate on your belly and waist, even better! Yoga is a perfect way to trim down. Here are some best yoga asanas to reduce belly fat and trim your waistline.
This yoga posture assumes a boat’s shape, which is a healthy practice. The Naukasana has a variety of variations in which you can take advantage of the boat pose, from helping you lose fat around the waist to waking up the core to strengthening the back, and leg muscles.
How To Do:
- You have to lie on your back.
- Keep your hands on your sides and put your legs together. Inhale and lift your legs as high as you can, keeping them straight.
- Now lift the arms and touch the toe. To form a 45-degree angle, you’ll need to raise your body up from the floor.
- Breathe normally and hold for a few seconds in that position. Return to the original position. Repeat this asana 5 times.
- Performing naukasana yoga to reduce belly fat daily gives you a slimmer tummy in 30-35 days.
2. AdhoMukhaSvanasana (Downward facing dog):
AdhoMukhaSvanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose) is named as such because in this yoga pose body looks like a relaxing and stretching dog (Svana) burrowing his face (Mukha) downward (Adho) towards his shoulders. As variations can be derived from this pose, this is considered a base pose. This pose helps boost energy in the body and can, therefore, be included in sequences of flow yoga. AdhoMukhaSvanasana will increase your metabolic rate, is good yoga for the belly and keep the muscles of your abdomen engaged all the time.
How To Do:
- You have to come down to your four limbs and create a table. Exhale and lift your hips up. Straighten your legs and arms to form a’ V’ inverted shape.
- Keep your toes pointing straight forward. Your hands must be shoulder-width apart. Focus on your navel.
- Hold on for a minute in this position and take long breaths. Now, come back to your original place. Repeat this pose.
- This can be the best yoga to reduce belly fat in a month if practised at least five times a day.
This is a perfect asana to strengthen the muscles of the abdomen, thigh, & buttocks and remove the fat. One can choose the duration, repetition, and levels of difficulty from the three poses as shown in the picture and then proceed accordingly.
How To Do:
- Stand straight on your mat and slightly separate your feet. Stretch your arms forward, making sure you face down your palms. You have to have your arms straight and make sure you don’t bend your elbows.
- Bend your knees gently and push your pelvis down, so you seem to be sitting in an imaginary chair.
- Have a feeling of comfort. Imagine reading a newspaper as you hold the pose to better engage with the posture and you have to make sure your hands are parallel to the floor as you do that.
- Be aware of how you hold the pose and lengthen your spine. Calm and relax your mind. Hold the pose for up to one minute now.
- Go down gently, sit down in Sukhasana. Doing this yoga for a flat belly gives you a slim tummy within a few(4-5) weeks.
This stand and bend forward position puts a lot of pressure on your stomach, making it very helpful to lose abdominal fat. Padahastasana is considered an essential posture because it is believed to have pranic or energetic benefits in addition to the physical stretching and reinforcing benefits. It helps one feel lighter and more energized by removing tamas from the body. It is also known to slow the heartbeat, relieving both physical and mental exhaustion.
How To Do:
- Keep your legs at hip-width apart.
- Inhale, and lift up your arms slowly. Also, stretch up your body. Exhale and bend the trunk from your hips slowly until your hands reach your feet. Next, put the palms under the soles of your hands.
- Elbows remain slightly bent pointing outward. Lose the shoulders and let the arms relax. Take a few slow breaths.
- Your knees must stay straight. The back should be concave and should not be hunched. If possible, bring your forehead between your knees.
- Relax your neck’s back muscles. Take deep and long breaths. Relax your body. As long as you feel comfortable in this position, maintain it.
- Practice the pose three times for five breaths, gradually increasing your time every day as your flexibility increases, as yoga to reduce belly and reach your flat belly goal in a month.
This is one of the poses on the hard side, but it is beneficial for those who want to get rid of the flab in the stomach. Try repeating this as many times as possible this pose to achieve perfection and see a visible change. By standing on the shoulder, the stomach can be relieved from all stress. The stomach is reduced from the pressure as the entire body’s blood circulation shifts to the shoulder. There’s peace in the stomach. Also known as Sarvangasana, it is a pose to the ground of 90 degrees and ensures overall health and well-being.
How To Do:
- Lie flat on the back, stretching the legs, tightening the knees. Take some breaths deep. Exhale, bend the knees and lift the legs to the stomach until pressed by the thighs. Take two breaths. Use an exhalation to lift the hips from the floor, place the hands on the hip or back, and support them by bending the arms at the elbows.
- Take two breaths. Exhale; lift the trunk with the support of the hands perpendicularly until the chest touches the chin. Only the back of the head, neck, shoulders, and arms should rest on the ground up to the elbows.
- Place your hands in the centre of your spine. Take two breaths. Exhale with the toes pointing up, stretch and straighten the legs. You can stay for five minutes in this position with normal breathing.
- Exhale, gradually release the hands and slide down, lie flat and relax.
- Carry out this yoga for belly fat burning every day and get a flatter stomach in three-four weeks.
Bhujangasana where the body’s upper trunk rises like a Cobra hood or snake, that’s why it’s called Cobra pose yoga. Bhujangasana is one of the few asanas of yoga that brings benefits from toes to head to the whole body. It is known that the yoga pose burns abdominal fat. Maintaining the posture for a more extended period gives the entire abdominal region sufficient stretching. It also regulates the body’s metabolic process and helps with weight and obesity, solving weight issues that are also beneficial for a flat stomach.
How To Do:
- Lie down on your stomach by holding your legs together. Make a gap of 1 – 2 feet between the legs. Put your palms beside your shoulder, and the head should rest on the ground. Head up to your navel region with inhalation and try to see the roof.
- Maintain the position with steady inhalation and exhalation for up to 10 to 60 seconds. Come slowly with deep exhalation to the original position. Repeat the 3 to 5 times the process on a routine basis and get a slimmer tummy in 35-40 days.
7. Chakrasana (Wheel Pose):
You naturally lose fat – built from your oblique areas as you stretch your body in a wheel pose. You will notice a toned and slim body when practised regularly. It will also strengthen the muscles of the abdomen, giving you a robust physique.
How To Do:
- Place your heels close to your hips on a yoga mat with bent knees.
- Raise your arms, fold your elbows, and rest your palms with your fingers pointing to your shoulders next to your ears. Press your feet into the floor actively and push your tailbone and back away from the ground. Now, press down your hands into a yoga mat and lift the head crown from the floor.
- Keep your arms and inner feet parallel to the earth. Straighten your arms and enter the pose of a wheel. Look down at the ground and hold the pose for 30 seconds. Chakrasana (Wheel Pose) gives you a flat belly within two months if practised daily.
8. Bridge (Setubandhasana):
Setubandhasana or the pose of the bridge is an excellent yoga pose to trim the fat of the stomach and strengthen the muscles of the core. Because it requires you to hold your core against the force of gravity, the resulting force acts on the core muscles and burns the fat of the belly. It also tones thighs, enhances flexibility, and strengthens the muscles of the shoulders.
How To Do:
- Lie on the back, on the floor with knees bent and feet flat. Keep your arms facing the floor by your side. Now use your arms to push your pelvis off the floor to the ceiling. Exhale as you are.
- Keep your body lifted so that your neck and head are still flat on the floor and the rest of your body is like a bridge in the air.
- Hold this pose for five consistent, steady breaths. This yoga for belly fat burning is very beneficial and gives your desired goal in 15-20 days.
9. Cobbler Pose:
The Pose of the Cobbler or BaddhaKonasana is a simple and easy exercise for weight loss that newbies can do perfectly. This asana tones the body’s lower part by stimulating the abdominal muscles and organs and extending the inner thighs, knees, and groin. It also helps with infertility, asthma, depression and anxiety treatment.
How To Do:
- To support your pelvis area, use a blanket.
- Start with a sitting posture with your legs stretching out before you. Start bending your knees while bringing them closer to your pelvis. During the process, you need to join your feet together.
- You need to push your knees towards the ground while you are sitting holding your toes.
- Do this exercise for 3 – 5 minutes for a faster process of fat loss. If you have suffered a groin injury before then, you need to take extra care while doing this exercise.
- Cobbler pose can help as yoga for belly reduction in a month’s period.
10. Kapalbhati Pranayama:
Are you wondering which yoga asana for reducing belly is best? The best tummy reduction yoga exercise is the Kapalbhati breathing exercise which can be done anywhere. Benefits include fat and weight loss of the belly. Improves pancreatic, liver, intestine, and abdominal organs function as well. If you are fresher, in the beginning, Kapalbhati Pranayama should be done slowly for 1 minute, but after a good practice, as per your stamina, you can practice it for 10 to 45 minutes.
How To Do:
- Sit down on the flat floor and fold your legs. Keep your spine straight and close your eyes. Keep your right palm on your right knee and your left palm on your left knee. Now take a deep breath and inhale with all your strength so that your stomach goes deep inside.
- Exhale with the sound of hissing. Do not stress inhalation. No effort should be involved in inhalation. After each exhalation, inhalation will be done automatically.
- Repeat for 5 minutes on these steps and rest. For 15 –30 minutes, you can increase the time. Shouldn’t practice very quickly. Practice speed should be average.
- The Kapalbhati Pranayama will make you lose belly fat within three-five weeks.
- Hold a posture for at least 30-45 seconds before moving on to the next one and please don’t overexert yourself. Remember, practice makes you perfect.
These are easy and best yoga asanas to reduce belly fat. Along with regular yoga practice, having a well-balanced meal, having plenty of water, avoiding processed food, drinking green tea, and staying away from stress may help you lose those extra pounds. Stay confident, happy and love your body first and foremost! Did you ever try to reduce your belly fat through yoga? Share with us which asana yoga worked for you!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1 – What are the common reasons for weight gain and belly fat?
Answer 1 – Below are some of the reasons for weight gain and belly fat:
- Hormonal changes
- Diseases can also lead to weight gain
- Being under constant stress
- Weak metabolism
Question 2 – Does yoga help reduce belly fat?
Answer 2 – Regular yoga practice can help you reach your long-awaited six-pack; it can help you lose weight and tone from head to toe, including the abdominal area. More holistically, Yoga boosts weight loss than you might think. Yoga can be an essential part of your belly-shrinking plan. It not only burns calories and helps tone your trouble spots, but research also shows that it has the power to change your eating patterns, your sleeping habits, and your mood-all things that affect how much weight you’re putting on your waistline and how quickly you can burn it off.
Question 3 – What are the different advantages of Yoga?
Answer 3 – Advantages of Yoga:
- Helps to lose weight
- Strengthen the muscles
- Helps to activate the Thyroid gland
- Maintain the PH of the body
- Decrease the stress level
- Helps to improve lung capacity
- Stronger Bones
- Helps to lower the risk of heart diseases.
Question 4 – Apart from yoga to lose belly fat, what are the other ways to reduce belly?
Answer 4 – Here are some excellent tips for losing belly fat, supported by scientific studies:
- Eat plenty of soluble fibre
- Avoid foods that contain trans fats
- Don’t drink too much alcohol
- Eat a high-protein diet
- Reduce your stress levels
- Don’t eat a lot of sugary foods
- Do aerobic exercise (cardio)
Question 5 – How long does it take to reduce belly fat through yoga?
Answer 5 – If you follow the practice religiously, within a few weeks you will see a change in your condition.
Question 6 – What foods will help tighten my stomach?
Answer 6 – A diet containing lots of fibrous vegetables, fruits, lean proteins, and whole grains promotes a slimmer stomach. The protein supports muscle-building efforts, supporting a higher metabolism. To sustain muscle requires more energy. The more muscles you have, the more calories your body uses to lose weight. Another essential part of a stomach-flattening diet is low-fat dairy. Protein is provided by yoghurt, cottage cheese, and milk, but calcium also contributes to a slimmer belly. Oatmeal with blueberries, skim milk, and walnuts; roasted salmon with a raw green salad and brown rice; or roasted chicken breast with butternut squash and steamed asparagus. A serving of 1/2 to 1-ounce nuts, fresh fruit, Greek yoghurt, low-fat string cheese, and hard-boiled eggs make quality snack choices.
Question 7 – How to lose belly fat with a slow metabolism?
Answer 7 – Everyone has a metabolism that is the rate at which your body burns calories and turns the food into energy to carry out your cell activities. However, if you have a slow metabolism, that extra push is needed to burn fat faster. You can’t change your metabolic rate a lot, but you can adapt some tips to help you burn calories more quickly. Don’t allow long gaps between your meals. This is because the digestion process supports your metabolism, so eating every few hours is essential. Have 3-4 cups of green tea every day, helping to burn calories and enhance metabolism. Avoid eating high-fat foods, to prevent your body from storing them in your abdominal area.