To men and women alike, some body hair is to be expected, but when it darkens, thickens, and makes you look like you wear a hair rug, what do you do? Naturally, get rid of it! There are so many ways to get rid of body hair from shaving to waxing to laser hair removal – there are some natural ways too. Is there any way to get rid of your body hair using only naturally found ingredients? No lasers, no harsh creams for hair removal, and no risk of razor injury! Fortunately yes, there are some natural methods of hair removal that work wonders. If you want to know how to get rid of body hair for good, read on to find out some simple and best home remedies for underarm hair removal.
Keep The Excessive Hair Growth Away With These Tips!
Do you want to reduce hair growth throughout your body? Here are a couple of foods you should eat and much more:
- Crimini Mushrooms: Crimini mushrooms are an excellent source of B2, B3 and B5 vitamins that help reduce hirsutism. B2 helps normalize the thyroid and metabolism, B3 controls blood sugar, and B5 helps to reduce weight. You can control hair growth by eating more of these mushrooms.
- Sunflower Seeds: Few foods are as full of nutrients as seeds and nuts, and one of the best is sunflower seeds. Vitamins B2 and B5 are loaded, both of which play an essential role in controlling hair growth. Eating these seeds can help you fight your body’s unwanted hair.
- Turmeric: The turmeric hair removal method is very popular with women in India. This is because there are compounds in this super-spice that, apart from being antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, help remove unwanted hair and inhibit hair growth. To remove the hair, Turmeric is made into a paste. The paste is sticky when applied to the skin and when wiped off, the hair comes from the roots. It’s like waxing. Also, turmeric can stop hair growth, so that the hair becomes softer and eventually dissolved when this process is repeated regularly.
- Phytoestrogenic Foods: The estrogen levels in your body are directly proportional to your body’s levels of androgen and testosterone. Therefore, any hormonal imbalance between these causes hair to grow in unwanted places. Taking foods rich in phytoestrogens can significantly reverse this effect and thus help reduce unwanted hair growth.
- Wax Every 3 Weeks: Keep waxing your armpits every 3 weeks. You will begin to see a marked decrease in hair volume and thickness after about 2 months of waxing. This is because the waxing shocks the hair follicle and reduces the hair over time. Repeated waxing can even permanently thin hair.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice can be used externally on larger body areas before waxing as it can overall slow the growth of hair and make it weaker.
- Removal Techniques: One can opt for various methods like shaving, tweezing, waxing, and electrolysis.
- Depilatory Creams: These are chemical creams that dissolve hair on application.
- Birth Control Pills: If hair growth is associated with hirsutism or PCOS then these pills help in controlling hair growth.
- Medicated Creams: There are new creams in the market now that block the production of a natural enzyme which promotes hair growth.
10 Best Home Remedies For Underarm Hair Waxing:
How about a pain-free, stress-free solution that is a long-term solution too? Using your kitchen ingredients, you can prepare packs that not only aid in underarm hair removal naturally but also protect our underarms from becoming dark or rough. Some of these methods may take some time and will not yield immediate results but will definitely prove useful in the long run. So let’s look at the 10 simple and best home remedies for underarm hair removal.
1. Chickpea Flour Mask:
Chickpeas are one of the best ingredients to remove unwanted hair from the body. At least twice a week, this mask should be applied to the skin to help eliminate dark underarms and reduce hair growth.
- half bowl of chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Half a bowl of milk and 1 teaspoon of fresh cream (not if you have oily skin).
- Mix these ingredients in a bowl until the paste is smooth.
- Apply to the hair growth under your arm. Make sure you cover all the hair.
- Leave the paste for approximately half an hour and rub it in the opposite direction.
- When rubbed off completely, wash with warm water.
- Use Chickpea Flour Mask at least twice a week, and you will be able to see a decline in hair growth within a month.
2. Raw Papaya Underarm Paste:
Raw papaya is the best to use on your skin. You may want to consider Papaya if you’re looking for a long-term solution. Although papaya won’t remove hair overnight, a particular enzyme in the fruit called papain weakens hair follicles over time, preventing re-growth. Sounds too lovely to be true? Try this natural hair removal remedy at home and experience the results.
- Raw papaya can be converted into a thick paste and can be combined with milk cream and honey in small quantities. This can then be directly applied to the underarm.
- Allow the paste to dry on the underarm and massage the dry paste in the direction of hair growth when it is dry. Wash off with water.
- Repeating this application twice a week effectively reduces hair growth and improves your underarm skin texture.
- There will be a visible reduction in hair growth within 6 months.
3. Barley Scrub:
One of the natural ways of getting rid of unwanted underarm as well as facial hair is the use of barley flour. Barley scrub is a proven way of removing stubborn hair. It removes hair and leaves the skin glowing and soft.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk to a bowl and mix with 2 tablespoons of barley powder.
- Squeeze half a lemon juice and blend to make a paste with the other ingredients.
- Apply it to the selected area and stay for approximately 20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water. Repeat once a week for desired results.
- Within a couple of months, you can experience a considerable reduction in hair growth.
4. Banana and Oatmeal Scrub:
When your skin is dry, a banana is one of the best ingredients for hair removal. Banana leaves the skin soft and smooth, but banana alone is not enough to remove hair. To exfoliate it, you need to mix it with something a little rough on the skin. This ruggedness should not, however, harm your delicate skin. The oatmeal is then the perfect thing to use. It’s also a great natural skin cleanser.
- In a bowl, mix 1 mashed banana with 2 teaspoons of oatmeal.
- Massage in circular movements for 15 – 20 minutes and wash with water.
- Use it twice a week for the best results.
- After continuous use for a month, you will be able to notice a reduction in hair growth.
5. White Pepper and Camphor:
Pepper and camphor are both healthy and have the property of loosening the hair follicles and thereby removing unwanted hair. With regular use of this magical home remedy, the unwanted hair will wither off naturally.
- Grind white pepper to fine powder, and mix camphor with it.
- Add some drops of almond oil and mix well.
- Apply the mixture to the area of the underarm.
- Leave the paste for 10 – 15 minutes. When washed, you’ll find hair falling off the surface.
- Apply white pepper and camphor twice a month, and see a visible change in 6 months.
6. Lemon and Sugar Pack:
Honey and lemon juice can be combined to provide a natural hair removal solution. Honey and lemon extract together form a kind of wax that can be applied to the skin and removed from the root. While you can buy waxes based on honey or sugar, this mixture can be made cheaply at home. Similar sugar waxes have been used for centuries throughout the Middle East.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar with 2 lemon juice tablespoons and create a smooth paste.
- Apply it to your underarms and evenly spread it in the direction of hair growth.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and then wipe it with a wet towel.
- Slowly remove all of your hair. It also helps to lighten the skin of the underarm significantly.
- Do this thrice a month, and you will be surprised by the fantastic results in just a couple of months.
7. Pumice Stone:
Pumice stone is permanently bubbling lava that has hardened and shaped a porous rock. Due to its natural texture, dry skin and hair can be removed from your body. When you rub it on your skin, friction and heat are generated, either dry or wet. The amount of heat is enough to destroy hair follicles, and without causing much irritation, the hair strands easily wear off. The regular use of pumice stone, therefore, proves to be immensely helpful in the removal of hair and the delay of hair growth. Pumice stone has a porous texture that acts on the surface like a scrubber and results in hair detachment when scraped with hair.
- Caution: Never use a pumice stone on tender, red or open skin and only use comparatively mild pressure to lessen skin irritation and cutting.
- Repeat using a Pumice stone once a month, to remove unwanted armpit hair.
8. Safflower Oil & Thanaka Powder:
Myanmar’s magic powder is Thanaka powder, which works wonders on unwanted hair, and safflower oil helps to heal the skin. It is a healthy combination to remove underarm hair. This is how you can use the same:
- In a bowl, take Thanakapowder and add enough safflower oil to the powder and mix well.
- Apply this mixture to areas where you have unwanted hair and leave it overnight.
- The next morning wash off early.
- This remedy must be used after every 14 days, and within 2 months experience smooth hair free skin.
9. Green Gram Flour and Rosewater Paste:
Green gram flour’s exfoliating properties help to remove unwanted hair easily, while the rosewater soothes the skin. A combination of the two works like magic on the underarm hair. This is how you can use the same:
- To make a paste, mix both ingredients (Green Gram Flour And Rosewater) with a little lemon juice.
- Apply this paste for 20 to 25 minutes, then wash and pat dry.
- Green gram flour must be used once every week, to achieve the desired hair decline in 30-35 days.
10. Alum, Coconut Oil and Rosewater Treatment:
A mixture of alum and rosewater is also a commonly used method to remove unwanted hair and curb growth. This process can dry your skin, so use coconut oil before use and also perform a skin patch test. We need 1 teaspoon of powdered alum, 3 teaspoons of rose water and a few drops of coconut oil.
- Use rose water, to make a paste of powdered alum and add coconut oil. The oil replenishes the alum’s dryness.
- Soak a clean ball of cotton and apply the mixture to the desired area.
- Apply a second layer of the mix once it is 90% dry. Keep the process repeated for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water once done. Alum can provide long-term solutions to curb new hair growth.
- This treatment can be repeated 3 times a week, and the frequency can be decreased once the growth of the hair is reduced (generally 3 months).
The home remedies stated here have been tried and tested with positive results across the globe. The contents used in these remedies are natural sources rich in minerals and compounds that make the skin healthy and glowing. The selection of these natural methods to remove unwanted body hair is the best, not only because they require the use of natural ingredients, but also because they are highly available. Most of the elements can be found at home and contain beneficial natural chemicals that have no adverse effects on the body. Found these tips useful? Then please do share for the benefit of others. Also, share your tried and tested home remedies to get rid of armpit hair with us in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: All the home remedies for underarm hair described above are assembled from the experiences of people around the world and hardly have any side effects. But each skin is different, so please try the remedy on a small portion of the surface before applying it to the whole area. If some reaction or irritation occurs then kindly discontinue the use and consult your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1: What is underarm hair?
- Underarm hair, also known as axillary hair, is the hair in the area of the underarm. Underarm hair begins typically to appear at the beginning of puberty as human body hair, and growth is usually completed by the end of the adolescent years.
Question 2: Why do we have underarm hair?
- There is still debate about the evolutionary significance of human underarm hair. It can naturally wick sweat or other skin moisture, helping ventilation. This transfers the colonization of odour-producing bacteria from the skin.
Question 3: What are the different methods for the removal of hair in the armpit area?
- The different methods can range from depilatory creams to sugar, laser removal, and electrolysis. These are the other options to consider in addition to the more common shaving and waxing. There are, of course, alternatives such as tweezing and threading, but these generally work best for the face because of the time and longevity they offer.
Question 4: What is the best way to remove hair from the underarm?
- We dress mainly according to our waxing schedules. Waxing is always painful and makes us still cringe when booking appointments and taking time off to visit the salon. There is always an option to bring the salon home, but most of us are comfortable at the salon with our beautician (whom we have been going to for years).
- Another option is to remove the hair from the underarm using razors and creams to remove the hair. There are no doubts about hair removal creams which are painless and offer instant, but short-term solutions. How about a pain-free, stress-free solution that is a long-term solution? Using your kitchen ingredients, you can prepare packs that not only remove the hair of the underarm but also protect our underarms from becoming darker or rough. Some of these methods may take some time and do not give immediate results but are useful in the long run.
Question 5: What’s the best way to manage ingrown hair in the armpit area?
- The hair follicles can occasionally be blocked, possibly by shaving or by building up secretions from our skin. This can prevent the hair from normally growing outward, so it curls back and grows under the skin. This can lead to painful, infectious spots or abscesses. Many follicles are affected in some cases, causing a painful rash. Severe cases of ingrown hairs should be treated professionally, but it is possible to tackle ingrown hairs yourself.
Question 6: Is there a way to achieve permanent hair removal naturally?
- Some natural hair removal methods can succeed in removing hair, such as making your wax mixtures by heating sugar, water, and lemon juice until they are combined and used instead of commercially available wax or wax strips. It can work much cheaper than buying wax, and you often have these ingredients within your arm’s reach, and the technique is suitable for both men’s hair and women’s hair. However, this is not a permanent hair removal form; it is just like waxing, a longer but temporary solution.
Question 7: What are the adverse effects of chemical hair removal methods?
Answer 7: Adverse effects of chemical hair removal:
- Irritation of the Skin: In depilatory creams, skin irritation and sensitivity are common.
- Burns due to Chemicals: The use of chemicals on hair can cause severe chemical burns.
- Allergic Response: An allergic reaction may occur in rare circumstances.